Psoriasis can have a significant impact on a patient’s quality of life which profoundly alters everyday life. Any new intervention in patients of psoriasis initially gives good results, but later on, the therapy does not respond very well.
This is also the major cause of impaired life quality in the patients of psoriasis but the Ayurvedic treatment along with some home remedies to combat with psoriasis.
Top 5 Home Remedies for Psoriasis are:
1. Triphala: It is mandatory to keep the bowels clean if a person is suffering from psoriasis.
- Triphala is a potent herb in Ayurveda that is known for its detoxifying, bowel cleansing and regulating properties.
- Regular intake of triphala not only helps in clearing away the toxins but also helps in getting clear and glowing skin.
- The anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-pruritic properties of triphala help in the treatment of skin disorders including psoriasis.
- Take 1 teaspoon of triphala or 2 Capsules with water once a day at night before going to bed regularly.
2. Neem Leaves (Azadirachta indica): Neem tree commonly known as Margosa tree is extensively used in Ayurvedic remedies since thousands of years. It is one of the best natural remedies for skin ailments.
- It is very useful in skin disorders including psoriasis as the bitter taste gives it a powerful cooling property, which enhances the capacity to support healthy blood by balancing the Pitta dosha and its light and dry qualities help to counter Kapha dosha.
- For people with psoriasis, add a spoon of neem powder to a bucket of water and use this water for bathing.
- Neem in the form of powder can also be taken internally as it acts as a natural detoxifier.
3. Coconut Oil: People suffering from psoriasis should do regular oil massage. Coconut oil is quite effective in psoriasis as it helps in removing the thick scales and provides smooth and even look to the skin.
- Make sure to take a warm shower after the treatment as it helps in getting rid of the toxins.
- Apply coconut oil on the affected areas before taking a bath.
4. Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis): In India, people have used aloe vera gel for thousands of years to treat a range of skin conditions, including psoriasis.
- The compounds in aloe vera may reduce inflammation and help in modulating the immune system.
- Applying aloe vera gel topically on the skin helps in reducing the inflammation, soothing the skin and protects the skin from drying out.
- Aloe vera gel also accelerates wound healing which is beneficial if a person with psoriasis has plaques that crack or bleed.
- Burning can also be reduced by applying aloe vera pulp to the patches.
5. Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds commonly known as Methi seeds act as an effective natural remedy for reducing the symptoms of psoriasis due to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- Soak 2-3 tsp of fenugreek seeds in water and leave it overnight.
- Grind in the morning to make a smooth paste and mix it with water to make a thick paste. Apply this paste to scalp, hair and affected areas to reduce itching.
IAFA 333 Oil: Potent Herbal Oil for external use in Psoriasis
IAFA 333 Oil is manufactured under the guidance of eminent doctors in the field of Ayurveda. Local application of this oil helps in minimizing silvery scales, inflammatory responses, exfoliation, hyperkeratinization, discoloration of the skin naturally. It contains the following herbs: Sveta Kutaj (Wrightia tinctoria), Sirisha (Albizia lebbeck), Nimba (Azadirachta indica) and Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera). It is purely natural and safe to use as it does not cause any skin rashes or any other type of allergic skin manifestation.
You can email us at: email@example.com