The initiation of antigen reaction in contact with the allergens stimulates the mast cells to release histamine into the blood which interacts with the cells to produce most of the symptoms of nasal allergy.
Ayurveda considers Mandagni (digestive fire in hypofunctional state) as the root cause of nasal allergy because it produces Ama visha (antigen/toxins). The herbs that have Deepan, Pachan and Vishaghna properties are quite effective in preventing histamine release and allergic reactions. Herbs that are classified into Kandungnya, Shwashara group are useful in preventing acute histaminic action associated with nasal allergy.
Anti-allergic potential of certain herbs is useful in the management of nasal allergy in a safe and effective manner. These herbs for nasal allergy are:
- Satyanashi (Argemone mexicana): Satyanashi herb has been categorized under Guduchyadi Varga in Dhanvantari Nighantu. It mainly balances Kapha and Pitta doshas. This herb mobilizes imbalanced doshas from the root to the intestines, from where these doshas can be expelled, thus eliminating the root cause of nasal allergy.
- Dronapushpi (Leucas cephalotes): Dronapushpi is widely used in the treatment of cough, cold, nasal allergies etc. in Ayurveda. It is Kapha-Vata hara in nature. It checks weak digestive fire, alleviates doshas and wholesome for the body.
- Sirisha (Albizia lebbeck): Sirisha is described in Ayurveda as Kasahara (relieves cold and cough), Shwashara (useful in COPD, asthma, difficulty in breathing, wheezing). The bark of this herb is useful in inflammatory conditions and possesses an antihistaminic property.
- Bhoomi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri): The whole plant of Bhoomi Amla possesses various medicinal properties. The juice of the leaves of Bhoomi Amla is useful in cough, asthma, nasal allergies etc. when taken internally. It is also useful in treating indigestion, hyperacidity etc. due to its Pitta balancing action.
- Vasa Putapaka (Adhatoda vasica): Vasa, commonly known as Malabar nut is one of the powerful herbs for the treatment of cold, cough, excess mucus condition, sneezing, breathlessness etc. associated with nasal allergy. It provides relief by balancing Kapha and Pitta doshas.
- Dughdhika (Euphorbia hirta): Dughdika is commonly known as Asthma plant. The decoction of this plant is widely used in the treatment of chronic kapha disorders like nasal allergy, bronchial asthma etc.
- Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra): Yashtimadhu is commonly known as licorice. Its benefits have been known to Indians since thousands of years. It is classified as Vata-Pittahara. This herb enhances immunity, acts as a good expectorant, expels phlegm from the lungs, heals respiratory disorders, improves voice, useful in nasal allergy, promotes longevity etc.
Total Care 3X Ras: Potent Herbal Juice (Swaras) for Nasal Allergy
Total Care 3X Ras by IAFA is an Ayurvedic proprietary herbal juice which contains the amalgamation of 7 Ayurvedic herbs. In synergistic manner, these herbs act as anti-inflammatory, expectorant, strengthen the immune system, balance the vitiated doshas, effective in sneezing, chest congestion, itching, watery eyes and provide relief in seasonal allergies as well.
Adopt Ayurveda and get relief in nasal allergy!!
You can write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org