Peanut Allergies in babies have become so common. Food allergies and intolerances have become common nowadays, maybe because of food habits, poor quality lifestyle, imbalanced doshas, and weak immunity. You can Prevent Peanut Allergies in Babies by introducing peanuts at an early infant age. Yes, it may surprise you but this article says that eating peanuts in pregnancy and avoiding the introduction of peanuts in the early infant age can increase the risk of peanut allergies in babies. Keep reading while we explain to you various ways to prevent peanut allergies in babies naturally.
But wait, does that mean you can give your child peanuts whenever you want? No, you can’t. Please consult an Ayurvedic physician or an Ayurvedic allergy specialist who has tons of experience and will help you with things like what to introduce and when to introduce it. Okay, let’s get started!
What Could Be the Reasons for Peanut Allergies in Babies?
- Parents or any of the parents can be allergic to peanuts or any other nuts.
- Presence of family history of allergies.
- Identification of other allergies like Eczema in early childhood.
- Presence of other food or nut allergies in the child.
- A weak immune system.
- A weak digestive system would have a harder time digesting the food.
- Excess consumption of peanuts in the pregnancy.
How to Prevent Peanut Allergies?
Any food allergies and intolerances can be developed and prevention of allergies is better than cure. If your child is suffering from peanut allergies, then the first thing you should do is take him to an Ayurvedic doctor who analyses the root cause of the disease and treats the disease from its root cause rather than symptomatic treatment.
What are New Guidelines to Prevent Peanut Allergies in Babies?
As per the new guidelines released by many experts and research articles is the safe introduction of peanuts to infants around the age of 6-8 months. The National Peanut Board says that early introduction is the key to prevention. So, you might wonder how the introduction of an allergen can prevent the allergy. Right?
It’s simple, just like a vaccine works in the prevention of an infection, the introduction of an allergen at an early age can help the child’s immune system to recognise it and prevent it from not considering peanuts as an allergen again. So, when the child consumes peanuts later in the future, it won’t cause any allergies.
What Should Be Kept in Mind While Preventing Peanut Allergies in Babies?
Consider whether your child has eczema or any other food allergies.
- If your child has severe eczema or food allergies, talk with an Ayurvedic Allergy Specialist before introducing peanuts.
- If your child has mild eczema or food allergies, talk with a doctor and introduce them safely in minor quantities and in the form of easily digestible foods.
- If your child is without eczema or any food allergies, you can safely introduce them into your child’s diet.
Other Strategies to Prevent Peanut Allergies in Babies?
Okay still you’re seeking other ways to prevent peanut allergies in babies, then here is what you can do.
- Strengthen your child’s immune system by choosing breastfeeding over formula feeding.
- Avoid bottle feeding as it does not provide IgE antibodies that anchor your child’s immune system and prevent him from various immune disorders like allergies.
- Prevent him/her from getting exposed to environmental allergens like pollens, dust mites, smoke, etc., because developing one allergy can lead to a pathway to other allergies.
- Try introducing a wide range of baby foods in the early infant age, it helps to boost immunity and provide the proper nutrition to prevent futuristic infections.
- Avoid pesticide-infused foods, packaged foods, adulterated foods, and processed foods at an early age as they can disturb the doshas and can carve the pathway to allergies.
A Quick Wrap-Up
Peanut Allergies in Babies have become so common these days. Parents often worry about seeing their newborn suffer from hives, rashes, gastrointestinal symptoms, runny nose, and itchy body due to eating peanuts. It gets them confused and worried! But don’t worry at all, when you have ayurveda, which offers a holistic approach for the root cause treatment of the disease.
Ayurveda believes that one can Prevent Peanut Allergies in Babies by the safe and early introduction of peanuts in infants around the age of 6 months. Many research papers endorse it too. You can try any of the above-mentioned prevention strategies to safeguard your child from the ill effects of peanut allergies. But please note that you have to consult an Ayurvedic allergy specialist before the safe introduction of peanuts into your child’s diet.