Bacterial vaginosis is a frequent vaginal condition. Bacterial vaginosis is a kind of vaginal irritation caused by an excess of bacteria occurring naturally in the vagina, which disrupts the natural balance. Bacteria are present in the vagina, but when pathogenic bacteria begin to thrive, the vaginal bacterial balance begins to deteriorate. These many forms of bacteria cause problems. So, here we are going to discuss certain home remedies to treat bacterial vaginosis naturally.
A healthy vagina is essential to your general health, sexual life, ovulation, and pregnancy. Despite being one of the major organs, not little is said about the health of your female organs.
Talking about vaginal difficulties is still considered taboo and a shame. We fail to provide the adequate care that it requires despite our grinds to maintain it a private and deal with the problems with the biased data we have. Though most vaginal issues are minor, misinformation and assumptions can lead to a variety of difficult circumstances.
Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis symptoms may include:
- Vaginal discharge that is thin, grey, white, or green.
- The vaginal odor that smells “fishy”
- Itching in the cervix
- Urination causes burning
Most Common Causes of Bacterial Vaginosis
Diabetes, steroid use, and wearing tight clothes are all potential causes of vaginitis. Bacterial Vaginosis can also be caused by:
- Estrogen deficiency
- Fragrant soaps and vaginal sprays
- Sexual activities
Home Remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis
Bacterial Vaginosis must be treated cautiously or it will hurt your life. Because the vagina is a highly delicate area, it is best not to utilize any severe chemicals or pharmaceuticals there. Ayurveda provides a safe and effective treatment for bacterial vaginosis. So, let’s talk about certain home remedies as per Ayurveda to treat bacterial vaginosis naturally.
Yogurt is one of the most often used Ayurvedic home treatments for vaginal duct infection. Your vagina includes a high concentration of “good” bacteria, which help protect you against “bad” germs that may infiltrate your body.
Consuming foods like yogurt can help boost levels of beneficial microorganisms. To relieve discomfort and irritation, apply diluted yogurt to the vaginal walls.
Yogurt’s probiotic bacteria may also benefit your vagina by regulating acid levels in your vaginal secretions. Choose yogurt products that have live, active cultures, such as Lactobacillus, for the most benefit.
Garlic is well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties. This ayurvedic medicine can be used to treat bacterial vaginosis. It is a prebiotic food; hence it is beneficial to BV. Prebiotic meals help to maintain vaginal pH by encouraging the development of beneficial bacteria. Garlic also has antimicrobial qualities, which is why it can aid combat infections.
- The easiest way is to put half a fresh-sliced garlic clove in your vagina.
- You may use a needle to connect a thread to the garlic clove, allowing you to quickly pull it like a tampon or compress it with a thread.
- Allow the garlic to sit overnight if it does not cause extreme discomfort or irritation. You may most likely feel a little itching or burning feeling.
- With this easy treatment, garlic slowly discharges allicin and empties the bacterial infection.
Fenugreek seeds have potent antimicrobial properties. This may aid in the elimination of the pathogenic germs that cause bacterial vaginosis.
- Take 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water
- Soak them in water overnight.
- The next morning, strain the water and consume it on a vacant stomach.
- Repeat this process once in the daytime till you detect any obvious changes.
Turmeric includes curcumin, which has antibacterial properties and inhibits bacterial growth. As a result, turmeric may be a great choice for ayurvedic treatment of bacterial vaginosis.
- Stir a tsp of turmeric powder into a cup of boiling milk.
- Consume this concoction.
- This mixture should be consumed once a day.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has antibacterial and antimicrobial effects. Tea tree oil was found to be beneficial in treating bacterial vaginosis in limited research.
- Combine a few dashes of tea tree oil in a bowl of warm water.
- Dip a tampon in the fluid after thoroughly mixing it.
- Insert the tampon into your vagina.
- Allow it to sit for 1 to 2 hours.
6. Coconut Oil
Antimicrobial properties are found in coconut oil. These antibacterial abilities may be used to battle harmful germs. Coconut oil may also aid in the restoration of bacterial balance in your vagina.
- For a few minutes, freeze three tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Insert a little amount of semi-solid coconut oil into your vagina.
- Let it melt inside you.
- Do this at least once a day.
7. IAFA AF-7 Wash
IAFA AF-7 Wash is a 100 percent natural herbal intimate wash for female hygiene that is infused with Panchvalkal Kwath and is highly beneficial in the ayurvedic treatment of bacterial vaginosis as well as the maintenance of vaginal hygiene. Lodhra, Madhuka, Trifla, Asana, Darvi, Nimba, Sirasa, and Panchvalkal Kwath are some of the components utilized to make this intimate wash.
Take 3-5 ml IAFA AF-7 Wash onto the palms of your hands and gently lather. Gently cleanse the vaginal region and thoroughly rinse, or as instructed by your doctor. Shake vigorously before using.
For more assistance, you can contact us at (+91) 961-218-0000.